The mission of Hiller Law is to deliver expert divorce and family law counsel in a tough, smart, and professional manner. Michael Hiller is known as a fierce courtroom lawyer, and his team provides each client with aggressive and innovative approaches to ensure the best possible outcomes.
Michael Hiller is a Texas Board Certified family lawyer who has extensive legal experience in handling all kinds of family law cases and is specifically trained to handle high conflict divorce cases for high net worth individuals. The Hiller Law Team takes pride in working diligently to present truthful and honest evidence in court while protecting your best interests. Hiller Law helps clients with a variety of family law issues such as divorce, child custody, high net worth property divisions, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, mediation and collaborative law.
The Hiller Law Team offers a variety of options customized to best serve your legal needs and goes to great lengths to make this difficult time as stress-free as possible - whether in or out of the courtroom. Hiller Law offers sound and cutting-edge family legal services that you will not find elsewhere. Michael Hiller is a determined advocate for his clients and with his team, strives to offer exceptional service throughout the entire process.
For example, we created “Wedding and marriage law” which can make your marriage better, and “Divorce in a box™” that saves you time and money. Finally, we provide estate planning services for our clients.
Michael Hiller is a Texas Board Certified family lawyer who has 31 years of legal experience in handling all kinds of family law cases. He is specifically trained to handle high conflict divorce and custody cases for high net worth and successful individuals. Michael has been ranked in the top 1% of lawyers in the nation by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. In addition, Michael helps clients with a variety of family law issues such as divorce, child custody, high net worth property divisions, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, mediation, and collaborative law. Primarily, he is known for his innovation while still being able to maintain a traditional practice.
Interested in more than just facilitating divorce through the courts, Michael was one of the first lawyers in Texas to become a mediator 30 years ago. In the year 2000, he attended the very first training in collaborative divorce held in Texas. He is also one of the few lawyers anywhere who is dedicated to helping couples learn better relationship skills – for example, his reconciliation law practice – focusing on marriage improvement, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, as well as predivorce and anti-divorce petitions.
Michael has been certified and trained in many areas such as Divorce Court and Collaborative & Reconciliation law, as well as mediation. He is passionate about helping families maneuver through combative legal processes, with cutting-edge understanding of “parental alienation” and client solutions for high conflict cases. He is a founding member of The American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators (AACFL), an organization dedicated to educating lawyers about the financial and property issues in their cases.
In 2018, he received attorney-training from Children4Tomorrow (C4T) for handling cases involving high conflict personalities and parental alienation in custody cases. Since then, Michael has focused on filing motions in court and trying to negotiate solutions in arbitration and mediation, while having assessments done to determine whether there are high conflict personalities and/or parental alienation in a family.
Mr. Hiller has developed a system called “Start 2 Finish Divorce Arbitration™” that he has already begun using. Several years ago, he examined the family law system, found major inefficiencies, and was determined to find a solution. This arbitration system includes mediation and binding arbitration (private judging) from the very beginning of the case through the final order and after the divorce. It allows the arbitrator to order parties to get assessments and treatment they need, and if they won’t do so, it allows the arbitrator to impose a behavioral modification program such as “Three Strikes and You’re Out.” It also allows parties who do not have these difficulties to resolve their cases more quickly and with less expense.
Last, but not least, Michael is a family man. He has been married for 39 years to the same woman, Minette (February 1982), and has three children – Lori (1992), Andrea (1994), and Joshua (2007). He finds the key to maintaining a healthy family is to make relationships number one and limit his hobbies and organizational life!
Hiller Curriculum Vitae and Resume
- Certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization 1998
- Licensed to practice law in Texas and Federal Courts, Southern District of Texas since 1989-1990
Professional Experience and Associations
- Hiller and Associates, P. C. or Hiller Law Firm since 1993 – Michael Hiller, owner, principal lawyer, Board Certified * family law * TX Board of Legal Specialization, 1998; practicing family law full-time since 1989
- Legal Programs Created/Additional Certifications/Special Training:
- “Divorce Court, Collaborative & Reconciliation law” – Three Track Family Law, created 2008 – Michael Hiller
- American Bar Association Boot Camp for Trial Lawyers, family law, 2000
- Collaborative law, various trainings taken and taught 2000 – 2013
- Mediation Certification, 1991, and several other trainings
- LifeSquared, and LifeChampionSports, Inc. – Family , Marriage and Couples Negotiation/Coaching, created by Michael Hiller, 2004
- Reconciliation law and Mediation – created by Michael Hiller, 2008
Classes/Seminars Taught and Presentations
- Collaborative family law, 2003
- Workshop Leader, family law mediation Training Seminar, South Texas College of Law, 1999
- Presenter, The Process of Collaborative Law, Pasadena Bar Association, 2001
- Presenter, Valuation in family law, Family Inns of Court, 1999
- Presenter, Rights and Duties, Family Inns of Court, 2000
- Presenter, Trials of Batterers, Family Inns of Court
- “Estate Planning for Athletes”, Videotape & Live 2005
- Mental Toughness Training for Advisors and their Clients and Families, 2008
- Divorce Court, Collaborative & “Reconciliation Law ” – Three Advice Type Program – numerous presentations, speaking engagements – local, national conferences and on the radio since 2009
Mediation & Arbitration of Sports Disputes, (Co-Author), BYU Law Review Family mediation Article, (Co-Author), Houston Health & Fitness, February, 1993 Various Blogs on Hiller’s Three Track Family Law – www.HillerLaw.com
Professional Associations and Memberships
- 245th District Court, 1995, Associate Judge Candidate
- LifeSquared, Family Coaching and Estate Planning Program, 2004
- Creator and Founder
- Houston Bar Association, family law Section, 1992 – 1994, Board Member
- Attorney for Negotiated Resolutions, 1994 – 1996,
- Founding Member/Board of Directors
- State Bar of Texas, family law Section
- The Burta Rhoads Raborn family law Inns of Court, 1999 – 2003
- Collaborative Family Lawyers of Houston/Speakers’ Bureau, 2003, Chair
- Governor’s Open File for Appointments List, 2001 – 2005
- Houston Chapter, 1995 – 2001
- Board of Directors, American Jewish Committee, 1996 – 2001
- 100 Jewish Men, 2002-2003 Board Member
- Governor’s Short List for Judicial Appointment, 2001
- 309th District Family Court Board Member
- Greater Houston Healthy Marriage Coalition
- 2008 Secretary/Treasurer, Houston Bar Association, Collaborative Law Section
- 2008 Marketing Committee, Collaborative Family Lawyers of Houston Practice Group
- 2008 Reconciliation Law™ Practice Founder
- “Three Track Family Law” For Marriage and Divorce – 2008 through Present
- State Bar of Texas, 1989 – Present
- US Federal District Court Southern District - Current